Monday, October 11, 2010

“Mom, there is a MOUSE in our house!”

was the call I got from my daughter Saturday evening.

I was at my recently-departed-dear-friend Sue’s Irish Wake and had been celebrating her life “SUE STYLE” for many hours...

so at that point...

I found the whole “MOUSE” in our “HOUSE” pretty amusing.

I also thought it hilarious to try to take home the promotional Leinenkugel’s boat from the outside bar...

and when Keith arrived to drive me home, he didn’t find it quite as funny…

I digress.

Back to the mouse.

Yesterday, in the brightness of the day (WOW was it bright!) I realized how important it was that I did not have a MOUSE in my HOUSE.

Keith suggested "we" put out several traps.

“I don’t want to kill it!” I said.

“What do you want to do with it?” he asked.

Like I even had to say...

“I just want to catch it and then let it go outside.”

He told me about how the mouse would like to come back in again and again, so the best thing for my house would be to kill it.

“Okay, but I don’t want to see it all smooshed!”

Keith bought two traps, the kind where they climb inside to eat the “bait” and somehow get whacked and then you have to open up a trap door and drop the dead guy into the garbage.

“I AM NOT doing that.” I let him know.

This morning I was relieved to find both traps untouched.

“Good!!” I thought “Maybe I do not have a MOUSE in my HOUSE!”

Until about 10:51 a.m....

when Anna called to say...

“THERE IS A DEAD MOUSE IN THE TRAP! IT’S BUTT AND TAIL ARE STICKING OUT AND I AM NOT TOUCHING IT!”

That’s my girl.

Apple...

Tree.

Keith will be stopping by tonight for proper disposal of the butt and tail and everything else attached to it.

In the meantime, I am thinking I hope that poor mouse did not invite his friends in too...

otherwise more whack a doodle doo

No comments: