Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I could not stop thinking about him...


as I rounded the bend of the river this morning.

In an ongoing effort to eat healthy, I decided to make a quick stop at the French Market located inside the Chicago & Northwestern train station.

He was the cashier at the produce stand.

Twenty-something, dark and handsome.

He said nothing during my entire transaction…

which, of course, made me ask “How are you today?”

“Not good.” he said.

“Well then tomorrow you will be better!” I let him know.

He grunted back...

“No…probably worse.”

As I walked on to my office I thought...

“I am going to stop in tomorrow and see if he is better!”

and then thought...

“Mind your own beeswax, he is going to think you are crazy!”

I snapped out of my “self-talk," and once again was focusing on my surroundings (which is always nice to do when you are walking down a crowded city sidewalk) just in time to see a woman walk past me, carrying a brown paper Lucky Brand shopping bag, that was emblazoned with two words:

“Give Hope”

I guess I'll be seeing him tomorrow.

to give some hope where there is sorrow

1 comment:

... Paige said...

Got is so awesome and I'm so glad you see it and share it

what a lucky man he is to have an angle sent his way :-)