Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The "Red Eye" Guy



I first noticed him as I walked through the long hallway that connects the Merchandise Mart and the Apparel Center. He had a bundle of The Red Eye newspapers under his left arm. As I walked up alongside him, I commented "You must bring The Red Eye for everyone in your office!"

He looked at me from beneath the brim of his tattered baseball cap and nervously said "Ahhh, yes."

So a week or two later when I saw him again...I said "Good Morning, Red Eye Guy!" at which point he abruptly stopped in his tracks and turned to face the wall...as if I wasn't there.

I have seen him several times since...but have decided, with all of my Susan Snippets' common sense, not to chat him up again.

knowing to the wall i would send

1 comment:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I admire your effort to chat it up - I usually avoid such situations.