Thursday, October 30, 2008

De “LUXE” Kitchens

During a lunch last week I strolled thru the Merchandise Mart and I was taken aback by the expansion of Luxe Home’s showrooms.


In today’s downward spiraling market there must still be money to invest in homes.

On the first floor of the Mart you can find showrooms that cater to the upper crust. These are some of the kitchens that you would see if you stopped by:


and this....


Here, on the other hand, is a kitchen and dining room in a house, a house that cost in total, about what one of those kitchens would:




and guess what?

It works.

With just some inexpensive repairs, paint costs and sweat labor, the kitchen and dining room in my 1899 farmhouse, have become the center of family dinners, huge parties, fellowship and fun.

I have learned that it isn’t about the highendness of your house and its contents, of utmost importance is love, respect and kindness to/from those that gather inside.

let that be your guide

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CINDILOO'S KITCHEN RATE CHART:(1-10, 1 meaning "are you kidding me? open your eyes man, what the heck were you thinkin" & 10 meaning "ooh la la I think I'm in love")

Kitchen No. 1: definately a -10 (can you say help me i've gone blind);

Kitchen No. 2: an 8 (loved it, but slightly bland in color);

Kitchen No. 3: definately an 11 (darn freakin spectacular!!! loved the color, it wouldn't be dill pickle would it? :)

Brought to you by Cindiloo and I endorse this comment. Sorry I couldn't stop myself.

Anonymous said...

Who cleaned kitchen #3? Wow!
Heard on yesterday's news... high end retail is the only growing segment right now. That was in reference to Trump's concern of selling retail space in his new Chicago "joint".
- the phat one

Moe Wanchuk said...

During my 20's and thru my mid 30's, all I wanted was the best of everything. The Best!

Now, I just don't seem to care. I've lost that feeling. I enjoy Saving money more than I do spending it. I have a small car and barely ever buy clothes anymore..and if I could sell my house, I'd definitely move Way down.

Liz Harrell said...

Happy Halloween Susan!

Tamara Jansen said...

Now isn't that just the absolute TRUTH! Loved your post