Wednesday, March 30, 2011

“DON’T Do it!”

She cautioned.

My sister Wendy called last night as we both were watching NBC's “The Biggest Loser" and. . .

Rulon, who is still 300+ lbs., had just been “encouraged” by Bob to do a handstand and after several failed, awkward attempts, he succeeded. . .

“I want to try to do one!” I shared with her.

After hanging up, against Wendy's sound advice, but being smart enough to have my cell phone nearby, I gave the handstand a shot.

For the record, hurling yourself toward the floor while attempting to fling your legs over a 50+ year old body is not, by any stretch of the imagination, EASY.

My first attempt was thisclose to disastrous as the palms of my drier-than-dry winter hands slipped on the pounded-almost-smooth-cheap carpeting of my bedroom.

Then, after licking both palms (I know gross) to assure no slippage, attempt number two was nearly fatal.

When Wendy answered her phone for our second conversation of the night – I said ...

“The next time we are together I want you to help me do a handstand. I have decided that it might not be the best thing for me to do tonight while I am home alone!”

with a broken neck it can be hard to reach the phone

No comments: