Monday, July 13, 2009

“Are you retarded?”

“Nnnnnooo, I sssstttutter!” Landon said to the ignorant bar patron seated next to him.

“I thought they cured that in the 1930’s?” was the guy's reply.

To which Landon graciously responded.....

“I ddddon’t have PPPPPolio, you FFFFF*#KHEAD!”

enough said

PJ and I sat in the lobby of the The Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona yesterday, saying our goodbyes to all the wonderful people we met at the National Stuttering Association’s (NSA) Conference, one of those we said goodbye to was Landon.


A Louisiana boy thru and thru, he is filled with stuttering life experiences and had no problem sharing them with us. He and his girlfriend, Lizzy appeared in our lives on the first day of the conference and we are now forever bonded.

Landon stutters...openly and often.

Oh, and he swears...a lot.

So, Landon, Lizzy, Janice, from upstate New York and her daughter, Joanna, along with a lenghty list of others, helped shape Phillip’s and my first NSA conference into the life changing experience that it was.

Neither of us will ever be the same.

So emotionally draining for me, that by the time it ended and those goodbye's were being said....I mostly just wept and everyone involved knew why I was crying and that is all that mattered.

back home informed changed and emotionally tattered

No comments: