Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"What floor?"

I inquired as he stepped into the elevator.

"Four, please" he said.

"What's on four?" I asked.

"Nothing" he replied.

I followed with "Nothing? How can that be?"

He responded in a low tone "my office" all the while looking at something that was stuck in the side mesh pocket of his gym bag.

I then saw what he was looking at....an unused Cub's Playoff ticket.


"Can you believe it?" I asked.

"Nope, another year that I didn't get to use them" was his response as he walked off the elevator at the fourth floor.

"There is always next year!" I shouted as the doors closed.

For us Cubs' fans....it has been a ridiculous ONE HUNDRED "next years"....

but whose counting?

frustration is so mounting

5 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I know, but we.must.never.stop.belivin'


stupid goat.

Anonymous said...

Pa leesseee

More like another 200 yrs, GO SOX!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side... now we can say "maybe next century." It seems like a more attainable goal.
-phatty

Liz Harrell said...

It's so funny I read this, b/c I JUST finished a conversation with a very disgruntled friend. I feel bad.. but that's why I dont watch sports. It only ends in tears. :)

Susan's Snippets said...

Liz...no worries...every 100+ years or so we get to smile.

worthwhile?