Thursday, February 28, 2008

“Hi. This is Jim Adams and…”

“you can reach me at 312-555-1212.”

By the time his business call was over - I knew his name, his cell phone number, where he was going on an upcoming business trip and that he has relatives on Sanibel Island in Florida.

So much for keeping things private and confidential.

Many years ago a commuting friend and I were on a morning train – when this over-the-top, so-full-of-himself-he-almost-exploded, lawyer starts making phone calls.

LOUDLY.

“Yes, this is lawyer so&so – you can reach me at…” and he proceeded to give out his business phone number.

We were very irritated by this ever-so-not-humble asshole’s phone calls all the way into the city.

So irritated that my friend got “even” with this barrister.

After hearing this idiot’s business phone number 15 times – we wrote it down for future usage.

And use it he did – the “anonymous” call to the barrister's office went something like this.......

“Hello, Mr. so&so’s office.”

“Yes, Hello. Is Mr. so&so available?”

“May I ask who is calling?”

“Well, maybe you could just help me – you see Attorney so&so has ordered something and it wasn’t clear as to if he wanted it shipped to his home address or his office address.”

“What is that you are trying to ship?”

“Uhhh, well, I guess it would be okay for me to say – I am trying to send the inflatable woman doll he has ordered.”

There was a pause and then she said “Hold on. I will get Mr. so&so.”

At which point my friend hung up.

Note to those who love to blab in public……everyone else also has ears.

cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

call me!...You can have it sent to MY house!

Susan's Snippets said...

Hey, Dilf -

Would that be for the times you can't get your wife to "cooperate"?

satiate

Anonymous said...

For when you're a little lonely, dilf. The testimonials are great!

NSFW
http://www.realdoll.com

-phatdoggy