Friday, May 7, 2010

"So have we been asked to resign yet?"

I sent to Bruce via text message while taking the late train home tonight.

After the once a month gathering to have a beer or a glass of wine at the new corporate law firm.


It is so unlike the firm we have been with for the past 20 years...

it has been exhausting and exciting all wrapped up together.

I have to "dress up" and I am finding that refreshing.

It makes me feel all "growned up" and fancy.

There are many rules and forms to fill out.

And corporate fun things...

like "Club 43" once a month that we had today...

where I might have vocalized a couple of things that weren't "corporately appropriate"...

hence the text to Bruce.

His response...

"I have not been asked to resign!"

To which I texted back...."Whatever!"

They will learn that you cannot let Susan drink on an empty tummy!

next time more food yummy yummy

1 comment:

... Paige said...

I'm not so much an "office attire" kind of person, but sometimes the food is good.
People often take me the wrong way so I seldom open mouth - input foot, cause that taste weird. Which I have too often reminded myself of