Wednesday, October 21, 2009

“You didn’t blog today.”

Keith remarked last night.

I had to yell over the whir of my Kitchen Aid mixer as I was preparing my second batch of Chocolate Polk-A-Dots for Saturday’s Batfest Market, “Nothing inspired me!”

It isn’t a secret how this whole blogging thing got started. I was nudged into writing by my good friend, Heather, over at Hedyblog, who liked my idea of writing about snippets of conversation that I heard on the sidewalks of Chicago, but wanted me to write - "It is your idea!" she said.

So Susan’s Snippets was born and it has morphed into writings about Chicago, "snippets" overheard and life in general.

I have always said that I am not a writer…I just like to tell stories, and in person I LOVE telling them – as  I become quite animated in the process.

But I find that translating those stories into written words is not always easy.

I admire bloggers like Ree Drummond over at The Pioneer Woman, who post daily.

Not only does Ree post to her main page, she also has several other pages on her blog that she also writes on – EVERY DAY!

Her writings are always interesting, humorous, touching, and just chock full of cattle ranching/Marlboro Man-loving family fun!

I aspire to write like that.

But until that time comes (if it ever does) – I will most definitely have some “non-posting” days.

right now in an uninspired phase

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

Amen sister. I hear you on this. It's been really hard here lately. I dont know HOW Ree does it.