Friday, October 2, 2009

"Because we are good!".....



is what a member of the band  Tributosaurus said to the reporter who asked him "Why were you chosen [to perform]?"

Hopefully, between 11:30 and 12:00 Noon today, Chicago will also be "good" enough to become the host of the 2016 Olympics!

I walked thru Daley Plaza this morning with my usual Snippet's curiousity and I was so happy I did.  In all of my years of working in this beautiful city, I have RARELY seen anything of this proportion.



Media trucks from EVERY network were lined up and down Clark Street as far as I could see.....



This cameraman is from Japan (I asked him to smile and this was about as much emotion as he could give!)..



Lester Holt, a former Chicago anchorman, who has moved to New York to be the weekend anchor for NBC's Nightly New, was there in all his handsomeness.....I watched as this lovely woman became all giddy upon seeing him, so I offered to take her picture with the subject of her giddiness (honestly isn't she too cute!) and Lester kindly obliged.....



He then went on to interview a Chicago basketball legend, Mr. Scottie Pippen....




At lunch I will be going back for the announcement of the winning City, and hopefully this confetti machine will be able to blast off  in honor of a Chicago celebration...



olympic winning bid elation

No comments: