Monday, May 11, 2009

Post Mother's Day Reflection


At times, in the midst of a holiday gathering, I allow myself to lose focus of what is important in life.

In the aftermath of Mother's Day I wanted to be sure that I put "pen-to-paper" so that I can see in black and white what I am so very thankful for.......

here is just a sampling:

1. I am thankful that I still have a mother to celebrate the day with;

2. I am thankful that I am here, after clearing a huge "hurdle" earlier in life, to share the day with my children;

3. I am thankful to have a family that, although not always on the same page opinion-wise, would go thru fire to save me if necessary;

5. I am thankful to be loved by so many; and

5. I am thankful that my brother, sister-in-law and nephew, who were in the midst of the Carbondale, Illinois tornado this past weekend, attending my nephew's college graduation, were, outside of fear and anxiety, spared any harm.

my life is a charm

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

A fabulous list of blessings. I'm glad your family missed the tornado. Gosh I hate those things.