Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Food

Although I am a fan of football and all the hoopla surrounding the Super Bowl event, including the sometimes-funny-commercials shown during the game…

my motive in having or going to a gathering for the big game is food, with yesterday being no exception.

After inviting ourselves over to my sister and brother-in-law’s house with the caveat that I would supply a baked ham, made from scratch augratin potatoes, along with chocolate chip and toasted walnut cookies (which by the way did not make it to the table for dessert....an accidental oversight??? Hhhmmmmm???) I also promised a new appetizer.....

Jalapeno Peppers Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Wrapped with Bacon Thingies that I printed from Pioneer Woman’s cooking blog, which were fabulous!

And although my underdog Cardinals, after a valiant last quarter go ahead, were unable to raise the Super Bowl trophy high....the eats during the game were superb.

my food intake I could not curb

No comments: