Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"You have to just let it go!"

I heard a woman say to a female companion as I passed them this morning.

Do you think guys ever say that to each other??

Anyway....what she said reminded me of an email that I recently received - a very long-rambling email, but sections of it are worth repeating.

So here are some of the “Let it Go” parts:

"By T. D. Jakes

There are people who can walk away from you.

I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone.

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay.

LET THEM GO!!!

And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part in your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead.

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains .......

LET IT GO!!!

If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your worth.....

LET THEM GO!!!”

It goes on and on, but I believe for today’s Susan’s-Overheard-Snippet that is enough heavy stuff.

let's get tough

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes!!!! Amen
Let it go!!!!

and grow

Vicki said...

Love it Sue! I had to look up the whole sermon. It is great. I think I needed to read that. I will talk to you about it later.

Luv Ya, Big Sis