Friday, May 9, 2008

"You are either one...or the other."

I heard him say to his buddy as I zoomed past this morning. Yes, it is possible that they were discussing the upcoming elections.....

But being in Chicago - it is more than likely he was talking about an allegiance to either the Cubs or the Sox.

North side or south side - a rivalry that has been running since the early 1900's when Charles Comiskey moved his Saint Paul Saints minor league franchise to Chicago - which made the Cubs' owner at the time...a very unhappy camper.

So loyalty to a team has been passed down thru generations...becoming to some akin to their family crest......

you either wear Cubby blue and red....

or you wear Sox black and white...

As for me.....my family crest and my blood are true blue.

You?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing but the black and white for me - go SOUTH SIDERS!!!

Susan's Snippets said...

Cindiloo....

BOO!!!

I mean BLUE!!!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

blue for me
harry too.
I like wrigley,
just like you.

e

Moe Wanchuk said...

Who cares about Chicago...Your faithful readers are ALL Detroit Tiger Fans....Woohoooo!