Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Between the size and the service...

it is a wonder they are in business at all." Mary said this morning after quickly reading and then handing over the local paper for me to peruse.

In the past 5 years I have watched as several of them have gone from well-written, interesting, full of important local, national and international news/articles into what they are today - thin, advertisement and mistake riddled, .75 cents each, waste of reading time papers...


and to their further demise I have tried three times to have one delivered to my house before 6:15 a.m. and in every case I was promised delivery no later than 6:00 a.m. and after a short term of it showing up on time...it was delivered late.

What direction are suburban newspapers headed?

As far as I can tell...

in a hand basket straight to out of business Hell

No comments: